1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 98 Help please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pednoma, Mar 16, 2007.

1. pednoma

pednoma Member

Ok...I have a computer that runs Windows 98 that I got for free. It is quite slow(128mb ram), but that isn't really my main problem. My problem is that i can't get anything that plugs into the Usb port to work. Is there any way to get things such as flash drives to work?(I have a generic that is my main concern)

Also, is there any fixes that I can make on the computer to make it run faster?

Thanks to anybody who helps.

2. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

ok win98 isnt truly pnp but you can make it that way. whatever usb device you have, go to its manufactures site and look up the driver for it or google driver guide... i think thats a website... pretty sure... lol.

3. pednoma

pednoma Member

Yeah...only problem is that this is a generic one. It doesn't have a manufacturer listed. It only has a local companies name on it.

4. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

got a picture of it?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try it in a xp computer to see what it comes up with when it finds new hardware so you can find win98 driver

cfultz, edit your sig to conform to forum specs.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007