1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows (almost)crashes after flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by final_cut, Apr 3, 2007.

1. final_cut

final_cut Member

I've flashed my toshiba rom wim xtreme52a and d versions getting the same result...After the rom reads the enable0800 dvd rom i power the pc and when windows start booting they crash(or taking too much time to boot) and of course no dvd-rom is present at my computer.Also the eject button of xbox's rom stops working(must restart the console to work) and doesn't even play original discs(wrong media message or something like that).i think that when flashed neither the bios sees the rom..after flashing back the original(luckilly) everything works fine...any ideas?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if your trying to flash the drive you dont need windows, and if your trying to dump a game using the 0800 then you need to wait and put the disc in when your at the windows loading screen (with the blue bar) and make sure the xbox is off until then and turn it on by using the eject button... and as for the last part

again, you dont need to be in windows to flash, so if something went wrong dont try and go to windows because its not going to fix it. just reflash the drive the CORRECT way.

3. final_cut

final_cut Member

thanks for the response.well i'm not trying to flash i've already flashed,tried both xtreme52 ver.a and d.I tried your suggestion powereing on the xbox on windows start up by ejecting but then it woudln't take it in...and then crashed again..the flash both times seemed to be perfectly ok..

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its all about timing, you have to get it just right, sometimes i get it on the first try sometimes on the 10th, just keep trying and it will work eventually, just remember the timing that you use and it makes it a lot easier, and as far as flashing, what commands did you use to flash with?

5. final_cut

final_cut Member

i used xread and xflush

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use "mtkflash r/m orig.bin" to get your original firmware and then use "samhack orig.bin [name of firmware you want to use].bin hacked.bin" and this will put the key from the orignal firmware into the xtreme firmware and then run "mtkflash r /w hacked.bin" and that will flash the hacked firmware over, but you have to use the 10 second method with this, im not sure about the other one you used, as its new to me, but this will work without problem. just make sure after you get the original firmware you reboot the computer and start again when you go to copy the key to the new firmware, but you dont have to reboot again once you have copied the key using samhack

7. final_cut

final_cut Member

well xRead is actually a batch programm which basically does this 3 things
    MTKFlash r /m /sata Backups\%1\%2\Orig.bin
    copy Xtremefw.bin Backups\%1\%2\Xtremefw.bin
    SamTool Backups\%1\%2\Orig.bin Backups\%1\%2\Xtremefw.bin
    and xflush
    MTKFlash w /m /sata Backups\%1\%2\Xtremefw.bin

Anyway i'll try doing it manually....