1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows blue screen showing up every time at booting time

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by nki00, Feb 21, 2008.

1. nki00

nki00 Regular member

I have Windows XP system that is installed on a SCSI controller (PCI card for SATA interface). Once I decided to check my disk using Checkdisk utilitly but at the first run it showed this message on a blue screen when Windows was booting up. Now it stayed there and shows every time. How do I get rid of it?
    [​IMG]

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

I would suggest booting from the XP CD ROM and loading the recovery console, and from there run chkdsk /f from the command prompt and allow the programme to run. This should fix any errors on the drive.

3. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Thanks for reply. The thing is that the disc is OK. It's a brand-new HDD. I caused this message myself when I ran check disc from Windows after my friend told me it'd be wise to check it. Doh!

Since it was a boot drive it said that Windows had to restart. I clicked OK. Since then I'm getting that blue message every time I boot my computer and it doesn't go away.

I know it's something in the Registry or boot.ini or something that I have to remove. DOes anyone know?

4. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  5. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Thank you, thank you, thank you 1Adonis4u!

It was so easy - I editted out that registry string and now it's gone.

It didn't scan anything. It starts and immediately shows that message that it cannot open volume for direct access. If it went on, of course I'd let it finish.

6. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

My pleasure!