1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows burned movies wont work on mac

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gaspacho, Jun 30, 2007.

1. gaspacho

gaspacho Member

Hi, im having problems burning avi files from my pc onto dvds for my friends mac. It was working for awhile, but then I rebooted my computer and it doesnt work for crap anymore. He puts the dvd into his mac and either it spits it back out or the folders are empty. I tried using different brands of discs but that hasnt really helped. Only thing I noticed was that dual layer ones work but single layers dont. I dont want to keep using dual layers and only filling them up partially. I tried using nero and record now, and same results. If someone knows if im missing a codec or I need to configure something please help. Thank you

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok...... drives can be picky...... it might be your media that the AVIs are burned to! since you don't seem to have a problem with DL disk and have a problem with single layer media I suggest you use a more compatible disk.... usually these are MIJs (made in Japan). Taiyo Yuden (found in online stores like supremediastore.com, rima.com, meritline.com and others), MIJ Sony-Fuji-Maxells that can be found in stores but you have to check the labels of the box or spindle for MIJ on it! These disks are more compatible to most DVD players and burners and are top notch quailtiy. Verbatim is the only exception to the MIJ rule. So try changing your media and see if you have better luck. It's the simplest thing you can do and using quality, compatible media stops many many problems..... like yours. And if it doesn't then we can dive into what you did, how you did it, what make and model burner do you have, is the firmware up to date and so forth! So the simplest thing just might fix your problem....... before we dive into the deep!