1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows cannot find harddrives

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by pteaches, Jun 8, 2007.

1. pteaches

pteaches Member

recently on boot windows has been telling that it cant load a system 32 file because it is missing, however, when i try and do a repair via the xp disk it tell me that windows cannot find any harddrives.
    what do i need to do please?

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

Try the demo of "paragon justboot corrector", it can be burn into a self booting cd. With this program it'll bootup your computer and you can check if you do have a bootable os. With this demo you can at least check the layout of your hard drive and any operating systems on the hard drive. I bought this program to repair my windows xp pro, after I try to restore it, and it failed to boot. I was able to get it to bootup after changing the system drive letter back to c:. When you get an error during bootup, that windows can't find a file, either it is missing (or it is trying to look for it in the wrong drive (because the drive letters where changed as in my case). That's just something I recommend you try at least to rule it out.