1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Freezz

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jobrla, May 9, 2007.

1. jobrla

jobrla Member

Good morning all,

I sure hope someone out there can help with this. I running Windows XP HOME with PC-Cillion as my anti-virus and firewall. When I do program updates, PC-Cillion will always tell me that there is an outside source tring to gain access to your computer, do you want to allow. This is normal, and I allow the updates. Wellll, last night as I was tring to update Windows, the prompt came up and for some reason I said no, this prevented me from even accessing the internet. I turned off PC-Cillion and went on the internet to do my thing. I turned my PC-Cillion back on again, and once again, it would not allow me access to the internet.
    I figured I would do a "RESTORE" from the previous date. Did that, and when it restarted, the Windows screen came up with the running bar going accross the bottom and than just stops!!!. I tried restarting again with the same results. So I restarted in SAFE mode and it came up with a succesfull RESTORE. I tried turning off PC-Cillion from the SAFE mode but will not allow. So I tried another NORMAL start with same results.
    Is this a quiencident between the PC-Cillion and Windows Freezing, or a differant Windows problem??

How can I get Windows to not freeze on start up??

ANY help would be appreciated

THANKS SO MUCH

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

System Restore is a failsafe measure that's predictably unstable at best.

If you can get into the computer using safe mode, I'd suggest uninstalling PC-Cillion until you can get the computer stable. For the future though...if you deny access to a program, you can remove it from the settings in the firewall program (in the apps section?). The next time the app needs access, you'll get a new prompt from the firewall.

3. jobrla

jobrla Member

Thanks for the reply MORPH,

For some reason I cannot turn off programs or delete programs from SAFE MODE, It won't let me. Any other way of turning off or deleteing?

When I try and delete PC-Cillion in the SAFE MODE either in add/remove programs or in the PC-Cillion un-install program it pops up with "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running in the Safe Mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed"

Any Thoughts????? I'll try anything at this point
    Thanks

Last edited: May 9, 2007