1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Installer Error

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Shado36, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have been having a problem with Nero 7 (sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum but I don't think its a Nero issue) so i went to unistall it. I kept getting an error saying that "the windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance"! I also tried to unistall nero using there uninstaller but it said that it could not access the log file, so I don't think its uninstalled completely. It has gone from my desktop but still shows in add/remove programs. I have run a chk disk and it has made no differance at all, help!!!!!!

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Find on the net, and reinstall Windows Installer 3.1.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have downloaded it installed & re-booted but I am still coming up with the same error when I go to add/remove programs to try & remove Nero.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Two more ways....

Either find all the files themselves and delete them...which would include removing it from the Add/Remove Programs window.

HKEY\Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Uninstall

or.....

Download and try the Nero Remove Tool from their site.

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have downloaded the Nero clean from the web site and managed to get it to run but it kept saying it could not access the "log file" but it asked me to re boot etc which it did not do the last time. I do not have time to do more as I am am off to work shortly but will advise in the morning, many thanks!!

6. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Okay this is real frustrating...........I have just downloaded a trial version of Nero 7 Version 7.8.5 all went well & then when it came to install it came back with the error message again about the windows installer not being accessed. Any ideas?

7. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Okay............well after much blood, seat etc I think I have "cured" the problem. I tried a number of things including a number of re-starts, running system mechanic 7 pro, chk disc. I evetually tried to install an earlier version of Nero using my old product key. Needless to say this did not work, I guess it was because I was trying to use it on an earlier version of Nero instead of 7 Ultra. Anyway I gave up trying with the latest trial version (off Nero's site) and went to the last version of Nero 6 which I had on disc & low & behold it installed fine! So I can assume with a certain amount of certainty that Nero has an issue either with the program itself or specifically with the trial version!