1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS INTRUSION

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by STEVERIVS, Mar 30, 2012.

1. STEVERIVS

STEVERIVS Member

Every time i turn on my laptop i get a windows box come up with a programe name of programe Name processor which wants to attach to my hard drive files, if i don't accept it, it wont go away if i do then my AVG notifies me as a virus alert. This has confused me aS to which is right and i don't know what to do and how to clear this up, "HELP PLEASE"

2. henryting

henryting Regular member

I suggest you update your virus definition file by connect your laptop to the internet and do a full scan for laptop. I suspect it is a malware that holding on to your laptop.
    During the scanning AVG will identify as virus and will get rid of it by remove it to the vault. After scan shut down your laptop for 5 mins and then reboot.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows are you using?

4. Mez

Mez Active member

You have a real problem. You can't just rely on anti virus. You can try running a hijack log and hope someone can help you. The hackers are winning the security game.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

a good antivirus,malwarebytes,and superantispyware.scan and delete anything these come up with,then post a hijack this log and the fun starts.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

I have not seen malwarebytes get much on my computers in the last few years. It is great for the old standard virus but it is clueless when it comes to the new stuff. I have one right now on my daughters computer. It is some sort of root kit but none of the root kit removers can find it. That is where hijack comes in handy.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

hey mez,if it didnt pick up anything,chances are nothing was there.once you run programs like this and the rootkit programs,then is the time to run hjt.

8. Mez

Mez Active member

3 times I found it after malwarebytes couldn't find it. Granted, I needed to run many specialized apps to find the problem.

9. aldan

aldan Active member

yeah you almost need the patience of Job.