1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows is Not Genuine

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by DHua, Oct 28, 2007.

1. DHua

DHua Regular member

For some reason, I have this blue star just started to appear on my taskbar that says my Windows is not genuine. It wasn't like that before. How do I get my Windows back to genuine? I remember I have this white disk with some black text on it that I got somewhere where I think it restores my Windows to its original state. I used it once and it restored all my old softwares and removed the new ones. It made everything the same as when I first got my PC. Would that get rid of it? My friend has a blue disk that reinstalls Windows. Would that work. If both work, which would you recommend?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

if you click the blue star you should get info from MS on how to fix it

3. skyryder

skyryder Member

either solution is feasible

4. steimy

steimy Active member

the thing your trying to get rid of is a waste of your time. The Windows WGA check will just reinstall when you do windows update again. And some programs like Windows Media Player 11 will not even update without doing the check and passing.

So if you actually have a valid copy of Windows and this is happening then you should contact Microsoft and they will most likely issue you a new key.

If you do not have a legitimate copy of Windows then you have two choices.
    1. Get one
    2. go to google and search "making XP genuine" and skip anything that says it is a WGA crack because those are a complete waste as it is only a temporary fix.

This will continue to happen until the MS recognizes your copy of Windows as a valid purchased copy. You can try and avoid it by deleting things and manually updating windows leaving out the windows authorization download that will surely show up every time. But then some things you will just not be able to update.

5. DHua

DHua Regular member

I found one. It is awesome, and it takes less than a minute to do. It is called RockXP. Search it on google and you will find it. I downloaded from a torrent, so I don't think I am allowed to post the link.

Thanks all of you for helping.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

glad you got it sorted out. As i said there is really only one solution to that problem. Either get a purchased copy, or make MS think it is one.

7. skyryder

skyryder Member

you may not be able to link to it but it doesnt say you cant give people an idea of what it does.So here you go all.

RockXP allows you to retrieve your XP product key that you used when you installed Windows XP, as well as keys for other Microsoft products. This can come very handy if you need to reinstall but have misplaced or lost the CD cover with the serial sticker. In addition, the program also lets you save the product activation to a file, recover usernames and passwords contained in the Windows Secure Storage, as well as MSN logins, Internet connection parameters and more.