1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows media 9 codecs

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by aviceda, Feb 21, 2004.

1. aviceda

aviceda Member

Hi,

I'm currently converting my hi8 tapes into 30-sec clips to be used on a website for world birds (www.hbw.com/ibc)
    They have asked: As regards the technical details, it would be preferable if you could send edited videos of no longer than 30-35 seconds at the highest resolution possible. We use the format WMV. The codecs used to obtain the videos are WM8 Video for DSL/Cable Delivery (500 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 fps) for high resolution and WM8 Video for LAN Delivery (100 Kbps, 240x180, 15 fps) for low resolution.

I downloaded the codecs from the microsoft site and have managed to produce the first of the formats but can't find the option to convert/capture to the second, is it possible to create this oneself or can anyone help me find it in the software!

All assistance appreciated!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you download the "Windows Media Encoder 9" it will Have options to set up your Own Profiles and will let you capture directly to WMV from your Hi8 Camera video your Capture device....Cheers

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member