1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Center with Media Player 11

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by EzyDuzIt, Apr 11, 2007.

1. EzyDuzIt

EzyDuzIt Regular member

I'm having trouble with my setup. For some reason my xbox 360 isn't being detected by Media Player, so I cannot set it so it will share my library with my 360. I've checked all the ports that need 2 b open and they are all open, i've turned off my firewall a number of times, but still no joy. Anyone got any ideas?

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I too had this problem with media player 11 so I uninstalled it as it was getting on my nerves for too long!

I know this is not the answer you are looking for but if you get yourself something called orb it will let you stream anything to your pc and you do not need a media center pc or windows media connect on it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Orb and TVersity both work, but i just really hate them so i went back to using my regular Xbox for streaming media with XBMC.

With ORB and TVersity, if you have a back up of a movie (Video-TS folder full of VOB files which is the standard way) then what the 360 will show is a long list (mine was 250) of the Video-TS files, but they are not named the same as the folders. YOu can tell which one is starts the movie as it will be something like Video-TS 1 or something, but you have no idea which movie it is until you atsrt it.
    They need to do a lot more work on those programs so that they show a main folder, with the proper name you gave it, then that would open up into the Video-TS files inside.

4. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Go into the network settings when the 360 is connected and change the settings to classify the 360 as a private network device, (because media isn't streamed to public ones for sequrity reasons).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

for me the best was windows media connect.

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

yeah that is ok but you can not stream any video file with that, it has to be wmv to work.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i heard the spring update will let you so...

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

If thats so then i'll be using that again then :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007