1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media dvd player set itself to region 8??? help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaymzS, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Hi,

Since installing DVD 4 3 or 1 click DVD or DVD decryptor windows media player 10 now thinks my system is set to region 8? but when I go into system - hardware and my DVD drive it says it is set on region 2?

Now I cannot watch any DVD's unless I back them up region free???

Can anyone help me?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Have you tried completely uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Player 10?
    Still not working? No worry 'cos there are plenty of FREE media players around. Media Player Classic is an excellent choice, surf the net, download it with the K-lite Codec Pack and you're back in business again.
    Happy DVD viewing!

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As DVD3 and DVD Decryptyer don't play that game (unless you haven't set DVD Decrypter correctly) I would thing your problem may lie with 1ClickDVD.

Check RCE Region on DVD Decrypter's "General" tab and select the region where you reside. Then click, "OK."

Cheers,

Pete

4. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

hmmm,

done that - I uninstalled 1 click dvd (only trial) and it's still happening. Then I used system restore to go back before I installed it - then it still happened.

Funny eh?

It seems if dvd43 is running and win media 10, 1 in 5 times it will let me play the dvd. If I quit dvd4free it still says region 8 cannot play - if I log off windows reload it will then play only half the time???? I didn't think there was a region 8?

any help would be great!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

There is indeed a region 8 and you must find out where on your PC you have it selected.

Start with MinMedia Player -

Then, Go to Device Manager and check your drive's setting - Also check DVD Shrink and Decrypter and any other program you have which deals with region settings and check that they all are set correctly - Remember, you can only change your drive's region 5 times and then you're stuck with whatever the last one is.

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004