1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media New ASF/Mpeg-4

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rodgers, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

I recently downloaded a movie from Windows Media. In the past I have been converting ASF using VirtualDub 1.3. Now I find with the newer movies from Windows Media I am getting an invalid/format message. Can anyone help with this problem and advise how I can convert these newer movies to SVCD? I have converted scores of these movies using Nero and NTI and TMPgenc and have rarely had any problems.
    Best to All!
    Rodgers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What I do with ASF/WMV Files is Convert them to AVI useing the "HuffYUV" Codec(Lossless) with a Simple Program called "Stoik Video Converter" (Freeware), and then encode the AVI file to Mpeg for VCD/SVCD/DVD....There are some ASF/WMV Files out there that can not be encoded or converted because they are copy protected.....Cheers

PS: if you can not find the Stoik video Converter PM Me with your E-Maill address and I"ll send it to you...Cheers

3. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Thanks for your help Minion. I will try your suggestions. I suspect that this movie in question is copy protected.
    Best to All!
    Rodgers