1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media pc 2005 help

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lomu09, Apr 4, 2005.

1. lomu09

lomu09 Member

Ok I am very new to all of this. I purchased a multimedia pc 2005 system and a linksys media extender. I am trying to put all my DVD's on my Hard drive and just watch them off of my media center. I am looking for the best way to get the video off the dvd and into a format that windows media will accept at the highest quality. From what I am reading it looks like it only accepts .avi is this correct? I don't care about spending money for software if it works considering I just spent 8K to get this home entertainment center up. Any help at all would be great....

2. jjolson

jjolson Member

This forum is "High Resolution Audio"...

3. lomu09

lomu09 Member

Don't be a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. sdifox

sdifox Regular member

lomu09, you have to play in the right field (forum in this case) just like in rugby. So the reply by jjolson is correct. This is all about high resolution audio, i.e. DVD-A and SACD. Not how do I pirate movies.

5. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Solution, put the DVD into a high quality player and use it as is or if you really need to drop them down into an image file with DVD Decrypter then mount the image with Deamon Tools and bingo you are set. A lot of money to spend just to watch a DVD.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ lomu09

No more name calling. You posted in a completely unrelated forum and got called on it.

Teleported.