1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player 11 & Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rubixcube, Feb 11, 2007.

1. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

Hi there afterdawners, I seem to be having lots of trouble with windows media player 11 and vista ultimate (its just the plain wmp that comes pre-installed) Anyway, it wont add files to the media library! AT ALL! *clicks "search for files"* no files found. Considering I have approximately 3500 songs in the folder I pointed it to.. this makes no sense. Any suggestions?

2. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

Don't worry, I fixed it. If anyone else ever has this problem, it's pretty easy to fix. Create a brand new user account, log on as that user, and set up windows media player. Run regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > MediaPlayer
    Highlight this folder, and hit File -Export. Save it somewhere. Do the same for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > WindowsMedia

Log off, log on to your account where the problem is occuring. Find the files you exported, double click them and hit 'yes' to add to the registry. Go back to Windows Media Player and it should add your files! Worked for me!

3. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I use Windows Movie Maker with OS XP and so far so good. I just started making PhotoShows and they have come out so so. Tell me, if you don't mind your experience with Windos Movie Maker. If it helps I have also used Nero PhotoShow and Compaq Movie Maker

Looking forward to picking one another's mind