1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media player 11

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by smange, Feb 2, 2008.

1. smange

smange Member

help or mail me an enema!

I'm am trying to view "Instant Viewing/Watch It Now" movies through my Netflix account. Since they've upgrading to unlimited viewing, a new licensing component is needed from WMP 11. Although I've upgraded to WMP 11 (several times... in addition to uninstalling 10 and reinstalling 11), I am still unable to install this missing component.

The problem I and the Netflix's Support Tech (oh so helpful and patient) and the Microsoft Support Tech (oh so patient but oh so unhelpful) discovered was that WMP was not upgrading ALL of it's components. Regardless of the fact that I uninstalled WPM 10 and reinstalled 11, remnants still remained of 10. The Netflix's Tech opened up a window to view all of the WPM components/codes (I don't know how he got there but would appreciate the steps to navigate there if anyone knows how)and I just can't get them all to upgrade.

The Microsoft Tech suggested that it was a problem with Service Pack 2 which would be fixed in SP3 (coming out...???).

Can anyone help? I just want to watch The Office...

2. banditxkr

banditxkr Member

if i were u i'd screw windows media player and download another media progam like VLC, it works better for videos and is open-source.