1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows media player 12 & win 8

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by TKimbrel, Mar 9, 2013.

1. TKimbrel

TKimbrel Member

Windows Media Player 12 will not play TiVo downloads, sound comes through but no video. I have installed K-lite codec pack, but no success. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. TKimbrel

TKimbrel Member

Thanks JST1946, I will try the downloads. I salute you for your service, I too, am a vet, 22 years Navy. I was off the coast of Nam in '68 & '69.

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Thank you also for your service.I imagine you are talking about the Gulf of Tonkin.
    I was all over that country,from one end to the other.Now I am 100% disabled for serving my country in Vietnam.

5. TKimbrel

TKimbrel Member

I downloaded and tried the codecs, neither wmp 12 nor movie maker 12 will work in win 8. I also tried ms help forums and I was told that win 8 does not support wmp 12 nor live movie maker. I, of course can purchase an upgrade to win 8 pro for $99.99 from Microsoft and get full functionality. What a ripoff from Microsoft. I politely declined. Any other suggestions?

6. aldan

aldan Active member

vlc media player. it has its own codec pack and its free.plays pretty much anything you throw at it.

7. craigcan

craigcan Member

I just want my old movies to play like back in the day miss my black&white classics