1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player 9.0 +

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by malewill, Feb 24, 2007.

1. malewill

malewill Guest

What is a good deccrypter that I can use to playback my dvds on my computer. I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD that work great to back up my dvds but as far as playing them on my system, I can not.
    I know there is add on software for using XP media player.
    What I would like to hear is what has other people have used and had good luck using also has anyone found a way to use AnyDVD??

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You don't need a Decrypter to play movies on your PC. Put the movie in and you should see some choices pop up to play the movie. Windows Media player should work just fine. I've never added anything.

If you can play an original movie in your PC and not the burned copy then you have a problem with your drive reading. You may need to update your firmware or try booktyping when you make copies.

Not sure what you mean by "has anyone found a way to use AnyDVD??"
    It runs in the background, removing encryption.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

fasfrank is right, no decryption software is needed for playing, only recording, unless you have a DVD from another region. Besides the Windows player there's a few downloads in the software section. I use WinDVD8 from InterVideo. Nero has Showtime. Another popular viewer program is PowerDVD. I've gotten a collection of the software with optical drives I've purchased.