1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media player,playing in black and white?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by aabbccdd, Jan 17, 2007.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

all the sudden when i play a file on WMP its mostly black and white with a green/blue tint to it . i try updating to 11 that didn't help even uninstalled it and reloaded it still same problem any ideas?? nero showtime seems to play fine

2. tribbb

tribbb Member

Well this was bothering me 3-4 days but i figured it out :)

No need to update windows media player or re-installing your xvid divx ffdshow codecs. The solution is simplier.

Open windows media player and go Tools > Options > Performance > Advanced. Disable "Use Video Mixing Renderer" and ... voila :)

thank me l8r.

ps : i think disabling this you cant double click and go into fullscreen , you have to do it manually (right click > fullscreen) , but that's not a problem ..... axm ?

3. tribbb

tribbb Member

well it seems that enabling again the same option makes no harm. So strange. Worked for me. Try it yourself.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

didn't work

only way i can fix it is to adjust the "Hue" in the video settings by sliding the bar to the right . but it resets itself to the center ever time you play a new file. so i guess i am stuck with the problem

5. tribbb

tribbb Member

try enabling and disabling some of the options in there , there's got to be a way to be fixed permanetly.

as i said mine was fixed , so i guess it's a random solution everytime ? grrr microsoft

6. genmen

genmen Member

7. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

i had this problem also this will fix it

, i have had this before with a xp disc i made when i tried to put all the updates and drivers for my mobo and cards, open mediaplayer goto tools -> options -> performance -> advanced, video acceleration - you will have to untick use overlays and tick high quality mode. i know an update from ms can cause this

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  8. stuhawk

stuhawk Member

9. stuhawk

stuhawk Member

stuhawk;i had the same issue however i got it sorted a different way i went into the start up uttility and stopped the vista codec pack 64 from starting up at the begging using speed up my pc almost like running the command msconfig wich will give you access to the start up programmes also however when i went into the msconfig,the start up programme wasnt there you may need to find a programme that will do the job
    all the best stuhawk

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

this will fix it

open mediaplayer goto tools -> options -> performance -> advanced, video acceleration - you will have to untick use overlays and tick high quality mode.