1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows media player playing vids upside down =(

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by JadeMeli, Nov 12, 2002.

1. JadeMeli

JadeMeli Member

Everything worked at one point. Then I tried to watch a video, one that I had watched before and it was upside down. i tried every video I have and they are all upside down now and even tried downloading a couple new ones. I dunno why but it started happening after I used Divx2.0 alpha player to watch a movie I had downloaded. I have tried reinstalling ALL of my codec and reinstaling WMP as well it still plays everything upside down. Any suggestions anyone?

2. tcherif

tcherif Guest

I have the same problem....movies are upside down in windows media player and adobe premiere 6 but the same play normally in real one player and quick time 6!

Anyone got an idea about a solution?

3. Kwilk6

Kwilk6 Guest

Based on my experience, this problem can be caused by various factors. I suggest you first take the following steps to check the Windows Media Player setting.

1. Open Windows Media Player.
    2. Click Tools and click Options.
    3. Click Performance tab and click Advanced button.
    4. Uncheck the following four options one by one and check the issue after each option is unchecked.

Use video mixing renderer
    Use YUV flipping
    Use RGB flipping
    Use Primary Surfaces