1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by aseb1986, Mar 30, 2007.

1. aseb1986

aseb1986 Guest

Hey guys,

I have some files on my computer that are in Windows Media format and would like to change them to a format that I could use on my DVD player. Is there any software out there for me to do this?

All responses are appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. wguru

wguru Member

Windows/SP2 -

To convert files for burning DVD-R's:

Use (free) SUPER to convert any files into SUPER 'VTS' (.VOB) files.
    Opening SUPER, assure 'select output container' is set for "vob DVD Compliant" (no need to tick 'Use Direct Show', untick if ticked), drag any playable file into the job box and click "Encode (Active Files)".

Use DVDShrink to compress the VTS/VOB files and save compressed file to a folder.

Then use DVDDecrypter to burn the file folder to DVD-R

Unless you want DVD menu, no need to author as above instructions result in any DVD player or pc will play the DVD's. They just won't have artsy-fartsy clip titling and stills in the resulting opening menu on your player/pc, but the opening menu's will almost always respond to clicks on any clips seen in the opening menu. Also, while playing back any clip, simply click 'advance or next' (>>) and the next clip (or movie) will immediately play.

4. jrx10

jrx10 Member

You can also use sonic mydvd to edit/menu, but if you do, make a DVD file on your hard drive instead of burning straight to disk, then open it with dvdshrink and make an iso image (whether you shrink it or not), then burn with DVD decrypter/img burn. (I actually prefer the burning engine in decrypter). At first when MyDVD made several coasters, I started checking in to what was causing it, and it was not the transcoding to DVD (vob files/ifos/authoring) but either the iso (if mydvd makes a temp iso to burn or it was the Mydvd burning engine). Absolutely no problems when I made a dvd folder on the HD with MyDVD/ --it loaded into shrink just fine, (although later when I loaded the vob from MyDVD into FIXvts as a test it fixed several things) then make an iso with dvdshrink (very fast) and then burn the iso with DVD decrypter. also, I just started playing around with DVDflick. The test dvd folder it transcoded from an flv file loaded perfectly into dvdshink, but I havent burned anything with DVDflick yet. My first impression of DVDflick was--what a superb, simple & easy to use GUI. Dvdflick loads wmv ok (made with WMM), and I just transcoded a test wmv file in it, and it transcoded the wmv test file to a dvd folder without any problems. I just loaded the test dvd folder into dvdshrink also,without any problems, and Fixvts didn't scream once when I loaded the DVDflick VOB into it from the test DVD folder.

Last edited: May 27, 2007