1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by palmejo, Feb 10, 2007.

1. palmejo

palmejo Member

This is the deal...

1) Does anyone know how 2 use this?
    2) I have DVD Decrypter, but i need 2 convert the files that i decrypt(without losing quality) to be able 2 use on Windows Movie Maker. (i want the software 2 be free because i am only putting three, 30 minute dvds onto one dvd. This will probably the only time i am doing this and that is also y i want the software 2 be free.

If u know nething...it would be greatly appreciated.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

A few problems here...
    First... why do you need to convert files with Decrypter? If they are files on your PC then they are already decrypted.
    Second...Decrypter makes an iso as it's output and WMM will not accept that format.
    Third....WMM only is able to use certain file types such as .avi .wmv and a few others.
    Forth.... WMM cannot burn a DVD or make DVD-Video files for burning.
    Fith....The programs needed for the various conversions you need to do are not free.
    Sixth... All the required conversions will cause some loss of quality.

So all that being said, It would be really helpful to know what the files are that you are working with. Are they downloaded .avi or are they DVD-Video files? or??
    I would recommend you take a look at the free 30 day trial of ConvertXtoDVD to start with.
    This program can convert most any kind of video file into DVD-Video and then burn. You can even create a simple menu with this program. I don't know what you are using though so let me know.
    http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/