1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows not detecting Hitachi 59DJ drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FrmDstryr, Jul 22, 2007.

1. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

Hi, im trying to flash my 360 but i'm having some problems getting it to work. The problem is i cant even get my Hitachi drive to be seen on windows. I've tried the Slax Linux on two computers both with onboard sata one of them is a nforce 4 mobo. With a sata cord from my pc to my xbox dvd, i turn on my xbox. Then i turn on the pc and have it boot slax until it says login. I restart the pc and run windows. i get no new drive (not even in device manager). So i tried the 2 wire trick. I connected the wires to the right dvd power wires, i turned on the xbox tapped them together the light starts flashing green, then i turn on my pc and still no dvd drive. I tried turning on my pc during windows boot and right at boot prompt as well. Still nothing. I'm just about on my last string and before i buy the connector kit is there anything else i should try? I don't have a floppy drive, but what is mtkfl*sh and do i need it for the hitachi? Also where is the most reliable and low priced connector kit?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you dont need mtkflash with a hitachi 59...
    do you use your sata ports on your pc for anything else?
    because they might be disabled in your bios.

3. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

yea i use a raid config with my 2 sata hardrives so i know its enable on this computer. I'm not sure about my other pc though...

4. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

I just decided to get a connecter kit. I ordered it so I hope this works...