1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows OS to Apple OS

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by LightXxX, Feb 3, 2011.

1. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Hi, I have Lenovo G550 and i was thinking if it's even possible to install those apple iOS X and Linux OS thing to my laptop... Im not sure if it's possible but i was just thinking about it and want to try...

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

linux a treat.. dead easy.. ALL hardware will be supported.. might be fun with wireless, but somebody will have found a solution.... forget crapple.. dirty proprietary shite that won't support network or sound hardware.. and likely won't even boot.

http://www.linlap.com/wiki/lenovo+g550

leave n00buntu alone and go with straight debian .. I'm not sure if the squeeze 64 netinstall is broken or not.. but I usually install Lenny (core system only) and build up the desktop and everything else from scratch anyhow. You can update from a core install to squeexe.. but I just use a backports kernel... for wireless.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

So Does Linux Realyl work on Lenovo G550? If so, imma get Linux... Ummm... Does my "Intel(R) Graphics Media Acellerator Driver for Mobile" work for Linux? It said "Graphics: Intel graphics work well in Ubuntu 9.10" IDK if it works will with Linux...

Would you prefer Windows 7 HomePremium-Ultimate or Linux(Which Linux you would prefer?)? Right now im using Windows 7 Professional and it's doing fine...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
  4. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I dont really get what you said here
    "leave n00buntu alone and go with straight debian .. I'm not sure if the squeeze 64 netinstall is broken or not.. but I usually install Lenny (core system only) and build up the desktop and everything else from scratch anyhow. You can update from a core install to squeexe.. but I just use a backports kernel... for wireless."
    It's like i dont even get what you talking about anymore... From what i read, it's about Ubuntu Doesn't work or something?

Do i have to Update my BIOS? I jsut bought my Lenovo G550 like 3 motnhs now and IDK if i should update and if i have to, would it fail to update like Destop Computer does?
    A lot of people ar ehaving problem-some and i dont think Linux is preferable but imma try it anyways... you think i should install it or NOT?

5. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I just recently(right now) found a really cool Linux called "Gentoo Linux 10.1" but IDK if it works with my Lenovo G550... So ummmm Would you prefer this "Gentoo Linux 10.1" or some others?(Your Choice for best working OS of Linux for Lenovo G550) Also it has x86 and x64 so should i install 64-bit or 32-bit if im installing "Gentoo Linux 10.1" BUT if this doesn't work, What's the Best(Your Choice for best working OS of Linux for Lenovo G550) would you prefer or is your best choice???

6. JimGeek

JimGeek Member

I think it's impossible to set up Aple iOS X.