1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows player classic player 6.4

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rtrg, Nov 13, 2007.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I downloased a FREE p6.4 recently because it is the only player I have that will handle "problem dvds" that is copy protected. Now it started to play dvds in a "JERKY" mode while the audio track is unaffected. Where does the player live? I DO NOT see it in the ALL PROGRAMS LIST or the ADD/REMOVE LIST. I can probably uninstall/reinstall if I can find it. HELP! Is there another player that can play ALL dvds, complete wit ALL decoders/codecs installed. I had to install a codec pack to make the player functional. ***email removed***

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. neomxl

neomxl Member

VLC Media player does everything I have ever thrown at it. While it isn't exactly the best looking or feeling.

http://www.videolan.org/

Hope it helps!

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

rtrg, no email addresses per forum rules.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

LOCOENG--- Thank you for the info. I already have vlc installed but I prefer the windows player from a functionality viewpoint. The CLASSIC version works well. While I got you, do you know of any product,program,circuit,project I can use to REMOVE copy protection from a disc so I can then RECORD a clean video on a VCR? Please pass this along to anyone. Thank*s.

5. timmins99

timmins99 Member

Go to the Guides Tab at the top of this page. You'll fine something to remove the protection.

6. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

timmins99--- thank*s for the info. I went to the guides page and did NOT see anything that was titled "playing dvds with copy protection on a stand alone dvd player" or a similar title. As a newbie I do NOT understand the computer language in use, rat files, mov files, avi, ect. Please tell me where on this site I can find an article directly on point. I know there are removal tools out there, the trick is to find one. A solution please?

7. timmins99

timmins99 Member

Do a search for 'DVD Decrypter' at the top of the page. There's more than one so keep looking.