1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows recored tv to DVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by frxmtd1, Jun 18, 2004.

1. frxmtd1

frxmtd1 Guest

I want to take my recored tv and burn it to a DVD that will be playable on my other DVD players, not just my computer. I was told to try TMPGEnc to convert from avi to mpeg. I have not been able to get this to work. When I open my video file to convert
    TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 stops and gives me an error TMPGEnc has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have reinstalled TMPGEnc and I still have the problem. Is there any other program that will do what I want to or is there some problem I am missing? I am running Windows Media Center and have been told that there is no way to convert these files so they will be able to play on other DVD player, I don't believe
    this but still having trouble with the whole process!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So are the Files you have WMV files or AVI files or some other Format?? Either wat Tmpgenc can handle most all formats if it is Configured Properly..
    Try this in Tmpgenc, Go to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and then raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2" and then the file should load and encode properly...
    If you still have problems then let me know....