1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows refuses to go to my homepage........

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jeffncris, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jeffncris

jeffncris Member

I have Win XP, current and up to date. Yesterday when I logged on (Explorer 7), I got the dreaded 404 file not found error. My homepage is www.cnn.com and I thought maybe there was a problem with the site but a friend's computer goes no problems. I downloaded Firefox, same thing happens. I am running the latest Zone Alarm Firewall and Anti-spyware, along with AVG free. I think it may be the Firewall blocking me for some reason, but I can't figure out why....thanks in advance for your help!

jeffncris

2. jeffncris

jeffncris Member

C'mon guys, I need some help! Surely someone has had this or a similar problem before.... I am getting a tumor here!

3. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

its called your connection is down. Try going o google.com see if that works if you get the same error then your connection is down. Otherwise you have a virus that takes your homepage and makes it what it wants. Also do not use zone alarm they are horrible use something else.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

More than likely, it's some sort of malware that's locked your home page.

You'll have to clean the system with Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy...things like that. Also, you can use HiJackThis to find out what might be locking the page.