1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Task manager......

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Firefoxy, May 12, 2007.

1. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

Hi, I'm running XP MCE and whenever I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del my computer went into a blue screen (like the one on startup). I've noticed that this happens on computers running professional. Recently my computer has stopped doing this and goes to the normal task manager window...does anybody know why it started doing this...or how to fix it?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

This could to be normal behaviour. If you look through the following I think you might see the explanation.

This is what Ctrl-Alt-Delete does...

* If nobody is logged in, bringing up the login dialog to allow the user to log in. Also used when the computer is locked to bring up the unlock dialog.

* If the computer is configured as a part of a domain, the combination brings up the "Windows Security" dialog, where the user can lock the computer, change their password, log out, shut the computer down, or invoke the Task Manager. This is the default behavior in Windows Vista and Windows Server Longhorn, regardless of whether or not the computer is part of a domain. If the Welcome Screen option has been chosen, this is what is seen.

* If Windows XP is not connected to a domain...

o and the Welcome Screen and fast user switching are turned on, Ctrl-Alt-Del directly invokes the Task Manager.

o and the Welcome Screen and fast user switching are turned off, Ctrl-Alt-Del will open the Windows Security Dialog, as described above.

3. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

Ahh. I've got it to work like I want it now. Thanks....but I wonder how it was turned on...maybe because of the offline files thing. Well..like I said. It's working like I want it to so I'm good.