1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Bugs

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by skyline, Mar 18, 2007.

1. skyline

skyline Regular member

hi i was wondering if windows vista is really THAT goodbecasue i heard people saying it sucks and it has tons of bugs so when do you guys think it will be worth buying?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

1 of my mates uses it and he loves it. all his hardware works fine but he misses some games thats all.

hes not a big gamer and uses it more for office stuff and surfing so its not a huge deal to him.

i still dont see the need to upgrade, it has no killer apps in my mind.

it looks nice but thats not enough to make me want to buy it, maybe crysis will change my mind.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the general consensus on AD is that, [bold]no[/bold], it's not that good. many, like myself, will never upgrade to it.

wasn't one of the major points of Vista to play all windows games, as XP wouldn't be able to anymore soon? something's not right here....

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I won't be upgrading to Vista anytime soon. For business purposes, I may eventually have to upgrade, but hopefully that won't be for a few years.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Bottom line, DON'T DO IT.
    It's a resource hog, it adds NO functionality, is unnecessarily complicated for most users, a lot of hardware and software isn't compatible, it has DRM coming out it's @ss, and it's pretty f***ing expensive for such a security hazard piece of sh*t.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

7. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

im a gamer and i have vista on my desk collecting dust but not installed yet. yes vista does have a shit load of bugs according to my friends that have it and regret buying it.not only does it have bugs but it also has crappy performance when it comes to playing games. one of my friends cant even play bf2 for more than 20 mins b4 it crashes. if your a gamer i say wait for a few weeks,months or years till microcrap releases some sort of service pack that hopefully fixes some bugs.

8. skyline

skyline Regular member

all right do u guiys know if i need the full XP software or just the upgrade, btw i am making this computer from scratch. and i jsut bought the MOBO, and CPU a few days ago

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

full would be best; you'll need an old version of windows the the upgrade.