1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Burning Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tbalstra, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tbalstra

tbalstra Member

I am very new to burning and have several problems. My computer came pre-loaded with vista basic. That means I have a very simplistic DVD burner and everything else that I have tried to download (nero, dvd shrink etc.) either wont work or is very confusing. I'm confused on burning protected DVDs. Could someone please take the time to explain exactly what i need to do? I have lightscribe dvd burner. I know that i need to rip the contents of the protected dvd to my hardrive. I have done this with DVDfab (i was told to use this with vista, even though I only have another week left on the trial). When i ripped the DVD and saved it to my hardrive and out came 4 folders. The main is labeled "fulldisk" which open to the title of the DVD. After that there is an audio and video folder. The video contains BUP, IFO and VOB extension files the audio is blank. I was told it was necessary to burn an ISO file but I am not even really sure how to do that..So all-in-all if someone could just talk me through the whole process and exactly what program to use for each step ripping, shrinking, then burning (or however the process goes) I would be so thankful. I am not sure what files to burn to dvd....Please help this rookie.

2. onya

onya Guest

AD members Alkohol, Bbmayo, Fasfrank and scubapete, have put this site together, to help out for such circumstances. You'll find all the software and guides you'll need to make all your backups a success. Happy burning.

Cheers.