1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows vista decrypter problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by 2638, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 2638

2638 Member

Hi all,
    Ok here goes. While using windosw xp I have been ripping movies to my hdd using dvd decrypter, then I use AGK to convert them to Avi, then I convert to wmv using vlc so that I can stream them to my xbox360. My problem is this, I just upgraded my os to windows vista and now I cant seem to rip my movies to my hard drive while using dvd decrypter without an error. They still end up on the hard drive and appear to be ok however when I try to convert them to avi, agk gives me an error about five mins into the project and thats it. I never had this problem while using xp. So I was wondering if any of you early adoptors of vista have had this problem? If so any advice?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you should have read all the reviews and information on Vista before installing it. drm technology has now made you MS's b**ch. best thing you can do is revert back to XP.

no other advice to offer.

3. Altercuno

Altercuno Regular member

Your right @Auslander@...I bought my new PC a month before Vista launched to avoid it...

4. club42

club42 Regular member

I think we are going to see a lot of these threads in the future. I still can't put in words how much it pissed me off when I first read about all of the DRM in vista. 2638 I also read that vista will degrade video quality of anything burned to your hdd anyway. I would definitely
    go back to XP.

5. 2638

2638 Member

Man this sucks. My temporary work around is to burn my movies to my laptop(which still has xp)then copy them over to my desktop pc through my network. As far as I can tell the quality is still pretty good.It is just a sucky deal to know that we pay all this money for a product and they keep (trying) to tell us what we can and cannot do with our own movies. I have over 200 movies that I am trying to convert so that the originals stay safe. Hopefully some really smart guys can help us out here.

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

In leiu of something better, you might rip them from your laptop onto an external drive to expedite things a bit.