1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by spawn1980, Mar 7, 2007.

1. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Does anybody know if I install this can I still use Schtrom360 are xbox creator are do anything that involves xbox hacks

2. handsom

handsom Regular member

I wouldn't count on it. The protections are crazy in Vista... Give it a few months, and things might change. There are many groups working hard to make it a usable OS right now... If you really want to change OSs though, I would suggest downloading Linspire, and using Wine to operate windows apps; as long as you aren't trying to run directx games, wine will work fine for that. It's a much nicer, faster, and free-er OS. I highly recommend.

But like I said, I expect the landscape of Vista to be different in the next few months; give it time and things will change.

3. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

So do you think that I can run winxp on one hard drive and vista on another drive. Will it still work the same.

4. handsom

handsom Regular member

Well, if they're removable drives, it's fine. I personally wouldn't suggest it; but I'm paranoid about the vista drive "infecting" the xp drive, lol. I don't think there is risk, but I can't say for certain. Check the windows boards on that one.

5. Coke_Kid

Coke_Kid Guest

I just got windows vista and i thunk it pretty good. ALOT of bugs

[​IMG]

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

WTF

y is this in the 360 forums?

k and i have made a partition in my drive and ran it vista along side with xp no problems. only vista bites ram.

i have no idea if u might b trying to put this on a 360 im so confused im gonna cut my wrist lol, plz answer.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

so is vista currently non backup able. cuz its on torrents and ppl say it works and no activation problems they made a crack or something. so if u want to back it up i guess they did a direct iso. i bought one i got cheap when i bought my pc. I din't try to back it up.

8. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

You can run vista on one drive and XP on another ... I have that setup - all you do is COMPLETELY disconnect the Vista drive, hookup the empty drive for XP, install XP, then re-connect the vista drive. When you want to switch, just go into your bios and tell it which drive to boot from - for some bios', you must tell it which HDD has boot priority - then you're into which ever O/S you want.

The advantage of this is that to remove one O/S you don't have to mess with different partitions, you don't have to deal with multi-boot off of one drive, etc - its much easier in the long run.

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

no offense u guys are real stupid. i have a partition and have xp and vista no problem. i have run lots of multi operating systems running never had a problem. u are real n00bs! what do u mean no problem in the long run.

10. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Hey Jack, don't assume who is a n00b or who isn't - I was telling them what is EASIEST ... and in the long run, if you already have vista installed, and wanna put on XP to a secondary partition and DON'T want to mess up your boot order or options, you put it on a second HDD ... if you already have XP installed and wanna put vista on a second partition, then good luck because Vista is very picky about the partitions on an HDD, its picky about the one it is installed to, and won't necessarily work ... you can install it however you'd like, but the EASIEST is to put it on a second HDD, all by itself, and then, if you really ARE a n00b, you don't run the risk of accidentally doing an upgrade on XP or erasing the wrong partition.

not a n00b here punk ... I'm a professional, this is what I do for a living, people pay me to fix their computers, make thier websites, install their programs, and show them how to do anything and everything on a 'puter - if I was a n00b, I would have suggested that someone with an unknown skill level installs Vista or XP onto a second partition and then runs a VERY high risk of deleting their files!

Think about it - the safest suggestion is the smartest when you don't know a thing about the other person's skill level of experience with this sort of thing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  11. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Hey "ha9981"
    I'm asking this question in the 360 forum because it is a 360 problem and only people with a 360 can answer. I heard that Schtrom360 and xbox backup creator don't run to well under vista and that the creators are working on a update version so it can be compatible with vista.

12. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

o sorry nvm. for that honestly vista sux very unreliable and trust me get xp on the side! some games don't work, some software, and if you have low memory ur screud! BUT media center thing in VISTA with xbox 360 is awesome lol!

13. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

EXACTLY ... Like I said, put XP/Vista on the 2nd HDD so when you wanna get rid of vista - or XP, you don't risk losing all your stuff!!!

14. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

what kind of person is scared of installing two OS on a partition! haha
    i have don it millions of times and already 5 times with VISTA!
    WTH do u seem to choose the wrong partitions?
    XP never did errors or problems with partitions y would vista?
    Vista hasn't given me partition problems yet!
    WTH do u mean by long run?
    and i once put xp again on one partition harddrive since it old xp was corrupt and it had data on it. cuz it was a laptop and taking out the hd would void its warranty!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  15. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

All you kids do on these forums is argue. Who gives a flying f*** anyway? Dual-booting 2 or more OS has never had issues. I even dual-booted DOS 6.21 and Win 95 back in the day.

16. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

thank you for conforming that PSMENACE.

sorry but it pisses me off when people say some stuff isn't possible

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

dual-booting is great, but you don't want to install two operating systems on the same partition. that's a very...bad idea.

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

BryanNH_3, edit your 10. March 2007 @ 23:44 post of that name calling ASAP.

ha9981, edit your 11. March 2007 @ 11:06 post of that name calling ASAP.

19. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz! Can't even use the title of a movie for someone's name? I mean, its in the papers and news and everywhere!

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

site rules!! if you don't like it than leave, other than that follow them!