1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows vista home premium

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by madden360, Jan 30, 2007.

1. madden360

madden360 Member

On the box it recommends that you have 1GB of system memory but I only have 512 MB, will vista still work right with only 512 MB?

2. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

It may work, but it will more than likely run slow. I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you plan on running Vista, you should definately get more memory.

3. madden360

madden360 Member

I'm getting another 512 MB installed this weekend so that will make it 1 GB of memory. thanks for the help.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If the required memory for vista is 1GB my guess would be you'll need 2GB,otherwise what are the rest of the apps you're going to install use ,my advice read articles at cnet,techrepublic,pc world etc before committing yourself,better still install vista to a 2nd partition and dual boot that way if things don't work the way you want you still have xp ready to go without having to reinstall it all,unless you have the upgrade version as that will only overwrite xp and won't be able to be a clean install

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007