1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Install Problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mayopan, Mar 19, 2007.

1. mayopan

mayopan Member

First of all, my computer is "Vista Compatible", not only to the computer standards, but also to mine. I've also used the "see which Vista is for you" wizard-adviser-thing.

Anyway, I'm using Vista Home Premium and installation goes fine up until the "Completing Upgrade" part. It gets to about 53%, the computer restarts, then it goes to boot normally, but instead, the "blue screen of death" comes up, and the computer restarts again... but this time I have to run the Windows Set-Up Roll-Back, and go back to WinXP.

Any advise? Could it be one of my drivers?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

You want advice ?
    Roll back to XP and return Vista, it's NOT worth the hassle.

3. kevbr

kevbr Member

I have had the same issue, the problem for me was that I had the min memory, just increased the memory and the install went though. I find, always have more memory that what is advertised..

4. magiccow

magiccow Member

I installed home premium also and had no problems with the required 1gb of ram 250GB HD space and 256MB on my video card and had no issues even on a computer built 2-3 years ago. Vista did do a Sh!t load of restarting and could have sworn failed, but if I were you like The_Fiend said stick with XP too many incompatibilities between xp and vista right now.

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Unfortunately....opened software usually gets hit with the no return policy. So, you're stuck with it.

You're not stuck using it....just wait like the rest of us until that OS has some time in the battlefield, gets it's ass handed to it several times and fixes and support have matured.

Also....I'd like to pass down to you 20 years of MS experience from all over the globe.

NEVER UPGRADE!

I know....at the stores you see the upgrade being cheaper then the full versions but you can get full OEM copies from online vendors for the same price. Spread the word to everyone you know...NEVER UPGRADE a Microsoft operating system.

Back up your data or get a new hard drive (I'd highly recommend the new drive)...then install fresh.

6. mayopan

mayopan Member

Yeah, I figured everything out. Thanks for the advice. I actually did wind up doing a clean install and it's working magnificently well, surprising.

I had no intentions of keeping it on my computer, but since it has worked so smoothly, I'm going to continue to test it out.

Again, thanks for the advice, guys.

7. Morph416

Morph416 Active member