1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista media centre

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Lizp, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Lizp

Lizp Member

I just bought a new computer with Vista built in, the media centre is great for playing media already on my hard drive but the problem is how do I play a CD in the media centre? I cannot find anywhere in it to play an audio CD without ripping it first, can you help me please as I am new here.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

this should be in the windows forums, not all other topics. i'll report it so a mod moves it.

*reported*

anyway, very few people here will even touch vista, and few will for a long time to come. if you search, you'll find tens of thousands of reasons why. and i'm not exaggerating.

so you don't want to just play it with windows media player or anything else? has to be media center? you might try here. you'd be amazed what checking there will turn up. -_-

3. Lizp

Lizp Member

I am sorry that I put my question into the wrong section, but like I said I am new here and had no Idea where to go.
    In reply to your not touching vista reply: I had no choice but to have a vista computer as the tried and faithful xp computer is apparently no longer available in our local pc store it is a sad but true fact.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. a mod has already moved the thread for you. ^.^

you can still find xp online and in shops, if you look around. my latest copies i picked up at a local community college when they were upgrading computers. XP Pro for $30 was not bad.

did any of the links provided give you a viable solution?

5. Lizp

Lizp Member

Thank you for your reply, the links were extremely useful and very helpful, I hope that eventually these teething issues will be sorted out as the vista system is very good for the security and some of the programmes are fantastic, but others will need some tweaking to work properly but I am sure they will soon.

Anyway, thank you again for going to the trouble of helpiing me.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, vista *isn't* good for security; it has more loopholes than xp had when it came out. it will be one or two service packs before vista starts to resemble a decent basic-usage OS, and it will never compare to the variants of linux that are out there. the only reason to really stick with vista on a home machine is for games.

helping is no trouble at all. pay it forward and help make the world a better place. :)