1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by spotzilla, Nov 4, 2007.

1. spotzilla

spotzilla Guest

Hi all, Was wondering if tis true bout vista, that you can't back up dvd's using Vista? thanx, JLee.

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

thats wrong
    you can backup ur movies
    maybe some softy's aren't comfy with vista
    ultimately u can

3. spotzilla

spotzilla Guest

Thanks, I'm gonna try it then, although XP is good.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Some friendly advice,

Dont make the switch to Vista unless you happen to have a spare PC to play with it on. I own several PC's and did try Vista for a while, and yes most all of the DVD backup software works fine on Vista but you will find that a lot of other proggies dont, along with driver support for some of your hardware. Vista is also a resource hog and will slow any PC down I dont care what you have it will deffinatley be slower running Vista! If your XP is working fine and you can do everything you need it to do then why make the switch? Sure it looks cool and fancy, but it is just an operating system.

If you decide to go ahead and load Vista I recommend you have in this order a very good video card (8600 series or better), Processor at least a dual core, Memory at least 2GB probably more like 4 GB. Those three are a must for Vista to run good on your PC. If you dont have those three things at a minumum I wouldnt even consider loading Vista.

Cheers

5. spotzilla

spotzilla Guest

HHey thanx dude, you are correct just a os but is nice to have the newest,fastest, but I'm not that interested in slowing anything down, thanx again for info, Nick.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Newest yes, but fastest hell no! If your looking for fastest go back to Win95 b ver. :)

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Right on bbmayo! All i've heard is heartaches and hiccups with vista and backing up.

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree, I got a new laptop a few months ago. Dell Inspiron and it came with Vista, after a few weeks I loaded old XP into it and got rid of Vista. Dell has now gone with the option of choosing either XP or Vista on all their computers. Mainly because of the issues listed above, give Vista sometime to get the bugs worked out. I hated it because it is a pig about space and memory. Takes up too much room, plus they streamlined Vista but got rid of some of the things people liked, and don't bother to use the defrag it doesn't work.

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Arniebear, Re vista OUCH. Truth hurts( BTW glad u went back 2 Xp)