1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows wont see drive with Schtrom method

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sringr8y, Apr 23, 2007.

1. sringr8y

sringr8y Member

Hi

I follow all the steps in the tutorial to back up X-Box 360 games using the Schtrom method with the xbox connected to the pc via SATA, but when i boot into windows after doing the 20 sec trick with the 0800 disk burnt to a +R dual later disk, windows does not see the drive at all.

If i go to the device manager, i see the yellow exclamation mark next to my sata controller.

Any ideas?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

first off make sure you have all your sata drivers installed and ready and make sure your sata is installed correct(no exlamation mark), and with the 0800 mode you don't have to do any trick, just put your 0800 disc in, wait for about 5-7 seconds and take the disc out, and now power on your PC. should work no problem if you have a samsung drive. and also if you have the newest version of extreme it allows you to use a dvd-r disc instead of wasting a dual layer on sucha a small file. and also make sure your sata is enabled in bios if onboard.

3. sringr8y

sringr8y Member

Thanks for the help.

I fiddled around last night for a couple of hours with different sata drivers, as the sata was installed but with the drivers that came with the motherboard (2004 drivers). So after trying several new drivers windows finally picked up the drive. YEH!

You were right, damn sata drivers. Thanks very much

Stingr8y