1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows xp/7 with live msn messenger

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Mickoz74, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

ok I Have an XP laptop with live messenger and it connects and allows me to speak to my friends all of them no problems, sign in on windows 7 after signing out of live on xp and shows the same but 1 person offline, sign straight back in to xp that person back online.

i can sign in both places at the same time, xp shows friend online as 7 shows offline, all other friends are online on both xp and 7 live messenger.

finding this really weird, i guess my account is ok as can find friends on one but not the other.

any ideas? repaired Live messenger, uninstalled live and reinstalled same problem, they see me online can open message box and chat to me they show as offline and cant reply. messenger 2011 (build 15.4.3538.513) on my windows 7 pc.

many thanks

2. Griff88

Griff88 Member

Try using ZapMessenger. It will remove all traces of messenger and you can reinstall. Maybe something is corrupted and was left behind when you unistalled previously. At least this way you can start clean.

3. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

thanks will try this, weird though as happened when wife got new account and added me after wiping her pc (couldn't remember password and emailed live messenger they couldn't find it either), before that all was well.