1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xp activation process

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by The_Arc, Feb 10, 2007.

1. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Im about to build a computer for a client, and they have requested XP. I plan on using an OEM version obviously. However im concerned about activation, as Microsoft are notorious for saying small businesses like me are not system builders. What information does the activation ask for from my client? If they say it was me and not Dell or someone big, will they deny activation?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. bkf

bkf Guest

Unless something changed you do it all online and don't talk to anybody. They just want a valid key entered. You have a right to build a system for someone even if you only do 1 a year. You do not need to be Dell.

3. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

I see, i was just worried because i read once that when someone else made one for a client, the client had a problem with the install, called microsoft, they asked who built it and when they told microsoft that it was a system builder friend they refused to help them and said thats not what the OEM install is for, it is only for big companies that have registered with Microsoft or some BS.

Must of been an isolated case, thanks for clearing it up for me

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007