1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows xp and word/wordpad printing problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Jan 24, 2008.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have posted here in the past and I hope someone will be as helpfull as before. I have a COMPAQ DESKPRO running WINDOWS XP/SP2. I also have 3 word processing programs that are part of xp, WORD, WORDPAD,NOTEPAD. All these function well. My issue is that I CANNOT print directly from any of these programs when the document is onscreen. None of the printing processes work, weather I save the document or not, where/how I save it does not matter. I am useing an HP 3915 printer. HP advised me to uninstall and reinstall it with the latest updates and drivers. They provided that info in an email link. No help. The only way I can print is to transfer the document to my YAHOO COMPOSE BOX and print from there. Of course that means I also print the whole YAHOO format, logo, ads, disclaimers and all, as opposed to a simple plain text document. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? I will not contact MICROSOFT unless I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. My past dealings with them has been a joke. HELP! PLEASE! This computer was givein to me for "FREE". I will NOT put a lot of $S in repair costs if there is a way I can solve this with your help. If not possible in this way than I will get rid of this monster. I resisted even haveing a computer for years until this one came into my life. It has been repaired 6 times! Fortunately for FREE by the person who gave it to me who is no longer available. This is the last time I will deal with it. 3 strikes times 2 is 3 srikes too many! Again HELP PLEASE!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

steimy--- your effort is appreciated. your link produced NO usefull info for a novice like me. some of the entries on google*s list were of similar questions with no posted answers for the poster. thank you for your effort. pass this along to other users.