1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP games non-functional on Windows Vista??

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by axwardle, Apr 27, 2007.

1. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

I have just ordered a dell laptop with vista home premium, and i was looking around and some people say that the try and play games that were made for XP and when they try to run them on Vista it tells them "incompatible OS" is this True? cuz i really dont want to stop playing my older games (guild wars, worms 4 Mayhem, the sims etc.) but will i have to install XP just to play these, or is there a way to fix this or maybe something that will help me to play them???? help would be MUCH aprreciated. fyi my laptop should not be here until may 9th or 10th

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

A lot of things don't work on vista.. I'd reconsider your purchase if I was you.

3. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

well it's a little to late now... X( is it possible to reinstall XP?

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just wait and see what works and what doesn't..

I hope it's got more than home basic on it, or you will need an expensive upgrade very quickly.

You can install XP but seek expert advice first. It shouldn't do anything to your warranty, just depends on how well M$ have the manufacturer nailed down.

5. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

oops my bad i double checked and i have home premium with it

6. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

you can install xp but i would wait for it if i was you.have you check out the site from which the games made from to see if theres any updates?

7. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

actually guys i got my laptop and i installed my games and they all work fine... i'm not sure what the other people were talking about the "incompatible OS" plus if i ever get a game that WONT run on vista then i can always run the compatibility application

thanks to everyone who took their time on this and if any moderators see this go ahead and delete this thread. problem solved :)

8. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

It just depends on what game you're running. One of my buddies has a rig that is MUCH more powerful than mine and I get a solid 31fps in Test Drive Unlimited on Win2K where he only gets 12 on Vista, even with options turned down to Low.

It's simply an OS that hasn't been tested fully yet (which isn't necessarily the dev's responsibility), and older games will probably NEVER be patched.

I have never heard of "Incompatible OS" though, perhaps they have the 64-bit version?