1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP hard drive recovery help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Chris_1, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Hey well my laptop completly screwed up on me.  I removed the HD and put it in 1 of my external HD's cases so i could access it and get the files etc i need from it.... The problem begings.  

I conected the removed hard drive to a working laptop and it would not open up the folder,  a quick google and i found a solution,  cmd and check (E) for errors or something any way it took a while but it worked and i can now access the drive.  

However it is not showing all of my files,  various downloads,  family pictures, music etc.  Even when searching the drive for spesific file names i know exist,  nothing.  I have set hidden folders to be viewable aswell so i know they are not hidden.  And the memory on the drive is the same as before the laptop broke so i know there on it still.

The laptop had several user accounts, 3 to be exact,  each with passwords and the folders set to private.  Could this be the reason some of the files aren't showing up?  Any ideas how i can access them so i can move them to the working laptop.

Thanks, Chris.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Will get on it straight away and let you know the out come, been stressing me out like mad this. Thanks alot mate.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.

5. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Yeah guys worked a treat, downloaded a cracked recovery programme and it done the trick.

Thanks again.