1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Help !!!Fast, Please!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Jason123, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Jason123

Jason123 Member

Hi. My sisters Compaq laptop is running windows XP. I was trying to put Ofice XP on it, but I was having some problems, and had to restart the computer. Now when I turn it on it goes to the first Windows start up screen as it is loading, flashes a blue error screen for a few seconds, then askes me if I want to start in normal mode, or safe mode. They both won't start though. If I pick one, the computer will restart after a few seconds.

I have an XP recovery disk, but am affraid if I use it I will lose the saved documents on her computer. Her lab paper is saved on the computer. I didn't bother to back it up because I thought "I'm just installing Office XP. It won't harm anything."

If you can please help me to get her saved paper off of it some how. That is all I need. If I need to reinstall Windows, thats fine as long as I get her paper first.

2. Jason123

Jason123 Member

I alsow tried the "Last known configuration that worked" option. But it just restart after a few seconds.

And the thing is, I have to leave for work at 2PM and it is almost noon here. And my sister is going back out to school today (3hr drive).

If anyone can help me with this, it would be much appresiated.

Thank you.

3. Jason123

Jason123 Member

Ok, I just found an option on the recovery disk that says it will save all data files. So I am trying that.