1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Major Problem!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by scott6169, Apr 24, 2005.

1. scott6169

scott6169 Member

Hello everyone!
    I recently took my compuet and backed it up to my last save point.
    Now when my computer boots it asks me for a log in. I have never set up an administrator on this computer and cannot for the life of me get it to log in. It comes up as Owner for the administrator and then asks me for a password! I have never had a password and now it won;t even let me into windows. I have a Windows XP disk i would like to use to replace the current XP operating system but it won't let me do anything. Any suggestions?????? Please help this is very frustrating!!

2. solargame

solargame Regular member

TRY INSERTING THE DISK THEN RESTART COMP,. (I HAVE a dell and this is how it works for me.) i enter the system setup which can usually be found at title screen of computer. the choose the bbot from whichever drive you placed the disk in, then you can restore your system or create a new partition(start from scratch.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  3. scott6169

scott6169 Member

Well I go to the boot menu and try booting everyway possible it still always takes me to the user name and password screen. This is really weird and I have never run into it. I only have the cd disk to install the xp. I cannot get a command promp or a drive from which to read the cd. Why would it all of the sudden ask for a password?

4. scott6169

scott6169 Member

Also i have no option at the system start up screen to boot from certain drives. Just in safe mode and a couple of other options.
    No option to boot from a certain drive though

5. scott6169

scott6169 Member

any one else have any suggestions at all???????\
    Please help this is very agravating!!!

6. scott6169

scott6169 Member

Nevermind everyone I got it.
    Thanks