1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Pro Help Please!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by MNA, Dec 3, 2007.

1. MNA

MNA Regular member

Hi all,
    So basically I have an error called bad_pool_caller and it comes up in white writing with a blue background.I have read many things on this error and I have not come to a fixed conclusion into fixing it.

So I thought it'd just be easier for me to just re-install Windows XP Pro which will fix the error as it would be like a new computer.

Anyway the problem is that I have the boot disk but I don't know how to install Windows XP Pro.I can't get into Windows so I would like to know how to re-install Windows XP Pro.Do I have to go into BIOS or what?I'm a newbie in this kind of stuff so please forgive my 'stupid' questions.

Kind Regards
    MNA

2. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Simply put, you stick the CD in the CDROM drive, then restart the computer. Your computer should boot from the CD, and it'll say something like "press R for recovery options". You press the button, and there's a nice user interface to guide you through (re)installing. Good luck!

3. MNA

MNA Regular member

Thanks for the reply mate.I've tried that but it hasn' workd so far,I'll give it a go.

The disk is not an original Windows XP Pro disk,it is a Windows 9 in 1 disk and I will be installing the corporate version of it.

4. DanielSm

DanielSm Member

you need to set the boot sequence of your device in Bios.
    you can enter into the bios setting on the startup scren of your computer with press the key F2 or something else

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Delete key should work.

6. MNA

MNA Regular member

How do I set the boot sequence of my device?I know how to get into BIOS by pressing delete at the startup screen.

Thanks

7. MNA

MNA Regular member

How do I set the boot sequence of my device?I know how to get into BIOS by pressing delete at the startup screen.

Thanks

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

After you enter the Bios, scroll down to Advanced features, select it and push enter. You should see the boot order of CD, Floppy and HD. Select whichever is first, press enter and make CD first and select enter. Now change whatever CD is to the item you just changed, select enter and then F 10 (Save), select yes and enter and you can boot from your CD.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. MNA

MNA Regular member

Thanks for your reply but I didn't get the part here you said

'Now change whatever CD is to the item you just changed'

Can you please explain more about this.

Thanks

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If CD is booting 2 or 3, make it 1 and select enter and whatever was 1, usually Floppy or Hd, open it and make it whatever CD was, select enter and save.