1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gnfishin, Jan 4, 2003.

1. gnfishin

gnfishin Guest

All,

I have a friend who just got a burner and wants me to teach him how to burn DVD's. His OS is Win XP. Does anyone know for SURE if any of the following programs will NOT run under Win XP?

SmartRipper
    DVD2AVI
    ReMpeg
    IFOEdit
    TMPGEnc
    SpruceUp

Thanks!

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

I run all those programmes (except TMPGEnc) under Windows XP with no problems.

HomerJ :)

3. Dogiedady

Dogiedady Member

TMPGEnc works also.
    This is only for DVD9's that can not be reduced to a workable 4.7 (4.3 GB by ripping just the main movie or all of it if size willing, if so It is just a straight rip and burn with (DVDDecrypter), another good freeware program, or whatever program you prefer.
    I have had great success with this method on DVD9to5. It is not all freeware but I have spent many nights and countless time on a lot of software and found this method flawless, if followed precisely, on each attempt. You have to decide for your self what works for you time, cost quality,ect. I have made many, many copy's of my DVD's and no costers since I started using this process. None of this is my software nor do I have any affiliation with the software providers I just know it makes great DVD's and it is all still available unlike most of the guides I tried that get you half way through the process and then you find out some of the software or other necessary component does not exist any more or costs an arm and a leg.

Not free but cheap

SmartRipper
    DVD2AVI
    TMPGEnc
    Dazzle DVD Complete

Strength and Honor
    DVD9to5 ME
    http://www2.whidbey.net/mnms/

4. gnfishin

gnfishin Guest

Thanks Guys!

I didn't want to drive all the way to his house, 2 hours away, to teach him my DVD2DVDR method only to find out that a few of the programs won't work with XP!