1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS XP SP2 and ripping and burning DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Meshuga, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Meshuga

Meshuga Member

I wonder if anyone experienced a problem with a DVD ripper or burner after installing XP SP2?

I am about to install SP2 and would like to know.

Thanks!!

Hiroshi

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I've used the following software with SP2 installed with no problems: DVDfab, DVD shrink, DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD, CloneDVD 2 and Nero Recode.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There has been many cases where SP2 messes up burning systems when installed. Many programs error out with SP2. It is not possible to tell how it will effect your system. It sometimes works well and other times causes enough problems to require a reformat. If you must install it, backup your system. The sp2 install I think gives you the option to save old information just in case you need to remove SP2. Take that option. I will not install SP2 on any of my systems. I have them protected well enough that I don't need Microsofts security updates in that package. Its up to you. Good luck.

Jerry

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

gave up on windows xp long ago i'm afraid. But that's ok as Win2k is tops. Like i did with win98, will use Win2K up until it's last breath, thus allowing time for Microsoft's newer OS's to prove themselves. But i guess the positive advice for you is to go SP1 again, i think that's what most peepl do

6. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I have WIN XP Home SP2 and use DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor and Nero 6.3. Anyways you dont even have to update Nero, mine says I should but I clicked do not ask again and everything in Nero works peachy and Ive burned over 300 DVDs since SP2. Oh yeah I know updating Nero is free but I cant because it wont recognize my CD Key for some reason.