1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows XP update gone wrong please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ganja7, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

i just got a large automatic windows xp update, and i let it download and custom install as i usually do, afterwards outlook express and ie7 would not connect to the Internet, although if i turn off zone alarm, ie7 will connect but not outlook, when i open outlook i get asked for my username and password, but when i click ok i get this error message.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.hotkey.net.au', Server: 'pop.hotkey.net.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

yahoo and my news aggregator work fine can someone tell me what is going on and help me to fix it, thank you

2. gamer17

gamer17 Regular member

go into zone alarm control center. click on program control. click on the programs tab up at the top. scroll through the programs till you see Internet Explorer and click the trust level next to it and change it to super. Now you should be able to use IE7 while zone alarm is enabled. if not then search more through your programs in the zone alarm and find anything that has a name similar to internet explorer (example: IE7, IE, windows explorer, explorer) you should get the idea.

As for the outlook problem you will have to tell me the version of outlook that you have. there is outlook 2000, outlook express, and many more.

3. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

thanks gamer17 ie7 works fine now outlook express is also running ok thank you for your help