1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WindowsXP OS Purchase Without SP2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ab1man, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ab1man

ab1man Member

Want to purchase this (not OEM ) Full version With SP1 or earlier. have too many problems with SP2 but like the OS. The stores have cleared their shelves & replaced them with SP2.Microsoft has force fed us with this problem. Have contacted microsoft & was told they won't even sell XP with SP1 anymore, SO JUST STUCK WITH IT. You see I recently bought a Dell PC with SP2 emmbedded in, So the only way to lose it is to buy the OS without SP2 . BUT microsoft has slamed the door. ANY ADVICE or INFO.??? Thanks ALL

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

try ebay

3. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

The problem with e-bay is you don't know what you are buying. (pre-used therefore by definition registered.)

My experience over many PCs is that SP2 is a problem only when loaded on top of other programs, rather than from a clean install, so I am surprised if you have an SP2 OEM that you are having issues.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well, there's tons of online places, some are bound to have SP1. try pricewatch.com, its a search engine for online computer parts. as for SP2, I have many programs installed and not had any issues at all with SP2. what problems were you having with it? Also, the few programs that do have issues with SP2 by now should have free updates from their websites to make them compatible.