1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windvd creator 2 - won't burn disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jameshibb, Sep 13, 2004.

1. jameshibb

jameshibb Guest

.........."there is not enough disk space in the temporary directory"

that is exactly what it says when i have done everything and am ready to make disk

format is DVD (2 hours)
    tv system is PAL

then i click the arrow for next page
    i select burn to disc then click for next page
    it already has my burner selected - i select optimal for burn speed then click the arrow to begin

thats when the message comes up !

would appreciate any help from you experts out there

thanks

2. jameshibb

jameshibb Guest

forgot to add

i got about 3.5 gig disk space free on my c drive

my project comes to about 3 gig but as i am trying to put it straight onto a dvd-r i spose it does not matter?

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You are out of space on the HD. You are working too close to the max limit and it is telling you exactly that. Clear out some junk from the HD, delete any files not necessary and then defrag. It should work once you get more space on C drive.

Jerry

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Jerry is on the button. Your HD needs room to move around, .5g isn't near enuff extra space. Some programs can use as much as 10G's to do a movie file.

I don't know how big your HD is but if you plan to do much video work you could add a 80G HD with 2mb buffer nowadays for 40.00. (be sure and format it NTFS).

Otherwise you're gonna be fighting this problem constantly.

5. jameshibb

jameshibb Guest

cheers fella's will have a go at clearinf out some "junk"

its a 40gig HD

will try to get closer to 10 gig free (somehow)

much appreciated

6. bbnice

bbnice Member

IM having a similar problem with burning a dvd on windvd creator 2. I have all the clips ready to burn but when I go to select a dvd drive its blank and so is the speed. if I skip it and try to start burn it says cant initialize aspi manager.

7. vorob

vorob Member

I record movies with WinDVD Creator 2 on DVD+R and use mode "DVD 2 hours". It works well. But if I'm trying to record long movie on DVD, I get information from program that "Burning process is OK", while movie's length on disk is only about 2hr5min. Though during authoring it shows enough free space on DVD (up to 1.5 Gb out of 4.7).

Is there any opportunity to change any options to record on 1 DVD movies longer than 2 hrs?

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vorob, sorry I took so long, I just checked my PM's.

OK, why are you using WinDVD Creator 2 for DVD backup?

This is an excellent app for menu authoring, making dvd's from downloaded files, VHS, home video, etc. but I would use shrink and decrypter for my DVD backup. They are both free and can be found here in AD. There are also guides and I would be more than happy to assist if you need it(I even have a simple guide I wrote you can have to get down the basics if you want it)

Anyway, to answer your question, You can increase the length by clicking on tools, then options, then direct recording tab, then in the drop down menu under record profile you can choose anywhere from 60 to 240 minutes. Of course the longer the file the worse the quality.

hope this helps...:>)

9. vorob

vorob Member

Bigorange - thanks a lot. It worked!
    I used WinDVD not for backup but for recording on DVD movies in .avi format. Now I can record movies longer than 2 hrs on one DVD.

Leo

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Your welcome, did you try shrink for a regular DVD backup?

BTW, Intervideo's DVDCopy 2, the same people that make WinDvd Creator, is one of the best Backup apps on the market IMHO. The quality only gets beat by RB/CCE which takes about 4 hours, while Copy 2 takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  11. lnquyen

lnquyen Member

hi, winDVD creator works for me when i create vcd but now that i bought dvd+r's n i've been using it, i haven't been able to create anything. the "make movie" process would complete n it goes to format and somewhere between format and erase disk an error will pop up and says "unknown error" and something n my long wait for the creation of the movie would just close =(...does anyone know how I can fix this problem? it's quite vague i'm sorry but that's really how it is. thanks

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Try opening Creator 2, open tools, click on options, choose the direct recording tab, and then choose the appropriate DVD setting according to the length of your video.

13. lnquyen

lnquyen Member

thank u, i will

14. vorob

vorob Member

To Big Orange.

I was out of country for a while and couldn't answer.
    Thank you for advice. I'll try this program to backup DVDs.

Leo